If there is one great American pastime that we'd rather forget existed, it's the circus sideshow. These shows were not only creepy, but also heavily exploited vulnerable people.
Despite the negatives of sideshows, most of these performers are just too cool and freaky not to look at. Here are 20 of the most famous and freaky sideshow performers of all time. Just wait until you see #11; she might start haunting your dreams.
1. The Human Pincushion.
2. The pierced man.
3. Pip and Flip.
4. Lucia Zarate, the smallest person who ever lived. In this picture, she is 18 years of age, and only weighs 4 pounds.
5. The Legless Acrobat with his family.
6. Sideshow boxers.
7. A performer with severe hand and feet deformities.
8. The Four-Legged Woman.
9. John Jennings, also known as The Modern Samson.
10. Mike, the headless chicken. He managed to live 18 months without a head.
#11 is one I'll never get over. Hit Next Page to see... OMG.