Life is full of small problems that have no clear solutions. It's not that big of a deal that you have to use two Band-Aids when you cut your finger tip, or that you can't play Candy Crush on your phone while you pump gas. But what if these first-world problems could be fixed in clever, quick, and inexpensive ways? If you thought you knew all the life hacks on the Internet, think again and check out the 25 hacks below.
1. Do bags of frozen veggies spill out of your freezer every time you open it? The solution is binder clips.
2. Instead of using two Band-Aids to wrap up an injured fingertip, do this:
3. Don't have a sprinkler? Poke holes in a soda bottle and slide in your hose.
4. Don't hurt your thumbs when hammering nails into the wall. Hold them in place with a comb.
5. If you must eat cheesy snacks by your computer, do it with chopsticks. You won't get your fingers or keyboard dirty.
6. Don't let candle wax ruin your candle holders. Before you light them, spray the holders with cooking oil. When the wax melts down, you can easily remove it.
7. This. Is. GENIUS.
8. A boat cleat will keep cords from unplugging.
9. Pick up a few towel racks at your local hardware store to do this:
10. I never thought of this!
11. If you color the child-safety mark on a pill bottle, you can remove the cap in the dark.
12. Now you can play with your phone while you pump gas.
(Or you could just use the pump latch on the handle.)
13. Do you have extra pasta sauce left? Freeze it and use it another time.
14. To keep a phone charger from getting tangled up, wrap it in colorful embroidery floss.
15. When you're moving, put garbage bags over hung clothes to keep them clean.
16. If you use grocery bags as trash bags in small garbage bins, here's how to keep the handles from flying around:
17. Here's an easy way to reduce thaw time for ground beef.
18. Cut herbs with scissors in a shot glass. Then toss them in your dish with ease.
19. If you don't have a funnel, you can still change your oil with a screwdriver.
20. Use shower caps to keep your shoes separate from your clothes in a suitcase.
21. Poke holes in the top of a coffee lid if you want your beverage to cool down faster.
22. Customize your shoe lacing to fit your unique needs.
23. If you're out of drawer space for socks, put a grocery bag on a hanger in the closet. Instant storage!
24. Tank tops don't require a lot of space. Here's how to store a bunch on one hanger.
25. I am doing this to my sweaters ASAP.
My coffee is always too hot to drink when I go to Starbucks, so I am going to start poking holes in the lid when I get to work. And I never knew you could lace your shoes in different ways for more comfortable running! Which of these life hacks do you have to try ASAP?