Here Are The 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind That You Never Ever Forget.
These 30 powerful photos are famous and poignant, they will forever be cemented in history. The images that were captured are so intense, they are impossible to be forgotten. They said a picture is worth a thousand words... but it's impossible to say just how many words these are worth. Prepare to be left speechless.
1. Some parents, likely now in their 70′s, still looking for their missing child.
2. An Afghan man offers tea to soldiers
3. During massive floods in Cuttack City, India, in 2011, a heroic villager saved numerous stray cats by carrying them with a basket balanced on his head
4. Russian soldiers preparing for the Battle of Kursk, July 1943
5. Demonstration of condom usage at a public market in Jayapura, capital of Papua, 2009
6. Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
7. The Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, Holland, 1888
8. A woman sits amidst the wreckage caused by a massive earthquake and ensuing tsunam, in Natori, northern Japan, in March 2011
9. Protestors place flowers into the rifle barrels of armed officers
10. An old WW2 Russian tank veteran finally found the old tank in which he passed through the entire war – standing in a small Russian town as a monument
11. “Wait For Me Daddy,” by Claude P. Dettloff in New Westminster, Canada, October 1, 1940
12. A dog named “Leao” sits for a second consecutive day at the grave of her owner, who died in the disastrous landslides near Rio de Janiero in 2011.
13. Hhaing The Yu, 29, holds his face in his hand as rain falls on the decimated remains of his home near Myanmar’s capital of Yangon (Rangoon). In May 2008, cyclone Nargis struck southern Myanmar, leaving millions homeless and claiming more than 100,000 lives
14. Five-year-old gypsy boy on New Year’s Eve 2006 in the gypsy community of St. Jacques, Perpignan, Southern France. It is quite common in St. Jacques for little boys to smoke
15. Sunset on Mars
16. Embracing couple in the rubble of a collapsed factory
17. Alcoholic father with his son
18. Man Falling from the World Trade Center on 9/11. “The Falling Man.”
19. Zanjeer the dog saved thousands of lives during Mumbai serial blasts in March 1993 by detecting more than 3,329 kgs of the explosive RDX, 600 detonators, 249 hand grenades and 6406 rounds of live ammunition. He was buried with full honors in 2000
20. Indian homeless men wait to receive free food distributed outside a mosque ahead of Eid al-Fitr in New Delhi, India
21. Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months
22. A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia, in 2009
23. Christians protect Muslims during prayer in the midst of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo, Egypt
24. Young man just found out his brother was killed
25. A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano in Chechnya in 1994
26. Diego Frazão Torquato, 12 year old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral.
27. Father and son (1949 vs 2009)
28. Heart surgeon after 23-hour-long (successful) heart transplant. His assistant is sleeping in the corner.
29. Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber
30. A starving child and missionary
Share these breathtaking photos with others. Post inspired by this one at BoredPanda.