The world isn't always fair. In fact, there are many, many times when it's unfair and it feels like other people are out to get you. That's why it's important to remember the positive parts of life when you can. Take, for example, these random acts of kindness. Complete strangers helped each other out for no reason other than to be good people. This is the sort of kindness that really renews your faith in the world and other people. As you scroll through these, it'll become very clear that the world isn't the bad place some people try to make it out to be...
1. A parking official let a couple in need slide when their car was parked illegally.
2. When an older woman needed to sit down, a kind college student helped her out
3. A young Egyptian girl helps a street vendor's child learn how to read.
4. A rainstorm popped up, but this kind neighbor made sure this car didn't get soaked.
5. This man spends his lunch reading to a coworker who cannot.
6. On Valentine's day, a stranger gave others the chance to give the ones they love a flower.
7. A man stopped running to catch his train to help an older woman who was struggling with her bags.
8. Dogs everywhere appreciated this awesome, and touching, act of kindness.
9. This gentleman used a giant table umbrella to help escort three ladies to their cars during a rainstorm.
10. This man teaches the love of his life how to read again after she had a stroke.
11. "I saw this woman buy two meals at a street vendor and give this man one of the meals. She introduced herself and talked to him about his life. She was his equal and just wanted to express inclusion to a fellow human being."
12. One mailman loves to randomly brighten people's days.
13. This anonymous donor helped a stranger have a midday treat.
14. There should be more kind laundry fairies in the world.
15. A kind observer helped out someone in need, even though they didn't know they were at the time.
16. Someone who desperately needed tires got the surprise of a lifetime.
17. A police officer bought food for 20 people after finding out that Day Center was closed.
18. This firefighter risked his life to save one woman's beloved cat.
19. They didn't have to, but this laundromat is helping others get jobs.
20. When this Spanish athlete slowed down during a race isn't passing an opponent...
21. Just so he could encourage him and help him finish.
22. Even snapping turtles need help sometimes.
23. A brave police officer handcuffed himself to a woman who was trying to commit suicide, saving her life.
24. This 82 year-old barber brings clippers to the park to give people a shave.
25. He only charges one hug for a haircut.
26. Cameron Lyle was a track star.
27. He trained 8 years and loved to compete...
28. But quit before his last competition so he could donate bone marrow to a man with leukemia.
29. This crowd helped a young man in a wheelchair crowd surf.
30. Rugby player Brian O’Driscoll visited his biggest fan in the hospital.
31. A brave man marched out to see to rescue a beached baby dolphin.
32. During Hurricane Sandy, this store owner helped people without power.
33. A good Samaritan helped a couple expecting a baby during Hurricane Sandy.
34. Police officers often go beyond the call of duty...
35. A world-class marathon runner slows down to help a disabled man drink water.
36. A young boy won a massive contest scavenger hunt .
37. Then, he donated his winnings to his little neighbor that was battling Leukemia.
38. A train station full of people push against a train to help rescue someone who fell in the gap.
39. This motorcyclist pulled over to help and elderly woman cross the street.
40. A diamond ring was accidentally dropped into this panhandler's cup, but he made sure to get it back to its owner.
41. The woman whose ring it was helped raise money to get the honest man back on his feet.
42. After getting injured after being at bat, this softball player was carried over home plate by her opponents.
43. During a protest, this dog got tear gassed. Everyone stopped to help the poor guy out.
44. A soldier rescued a baby bunny and then raised him, dedicating hours to feeding the little guy.
45. During harsh weather, this police officer bought boots for a shoeless homeless man.
46. When a someone accidentally blocked another person's driveway, this is the exchange that occurred.
47. A coworker tried to make up for his silly mistake.
48. Mike Downer found this woman’s $5,000 life savings in her discarded refrigerator. He made sure to return it in person.
49. A man on the bus gave a homeless man the shoes off of his own feet.
50. Rahm Emmanuel, Mayor of Chicago, interrupted a woman's phone interview to give a recommendation.
51. When her opponent became injured in a race, this athlete helped her cross the finish line.
52. During a protest in Brazil an officer asked the protesters not to fight on his birthday, so then they gave him a huge surprise.
53. After work, this man takes uneaten bagels and hands them out to the needy on the street.
54. Arghhh, matey!
55. This person is pretty polite...just not when she's drunk.
57. Corey from upstairs is okay in my book!
58. Random acts of kindness FTW.
59. "I'm stuffed and toilet paper."
60. Apology (and cookies) accepted.
61. Sticks and stones...will wake a baby up.
62. Thanks #603.
63. You are the BEST!
64. Dear Pot Smokers...
65. Aww, thanks Nancy.
66. Two high school kids were eating at Denny's restaurant and decided to run out without paying. Their server discovered this and started crying, frantically looking for the money. It was going to come out of her paycheck. That's when a kind stranger paid her bill like this.
67. A good samaritan saw a car slam into another car and drive off... but, before it did, they grabbed its license plate number. Then, they left this helpful note on the car that was the victim of the hit and run:
68. A delivery man was involved in a collision, so these police officers delivered the pizza for him.
69. These Lowe's employees fixed this veteran's wheelchair when it broke in the store.
70. A firefighter made sure this little kitten was okay.
71. These little notes were left around a high school, making someone's day a bit brighter.
72. Why thank you. :)
73. Random business cards made people see themselves in a more positive light.
74. These students gathered to mourn the loss of one student's mother to cancer.
75. This tourist brightened a little girl's day when he handed her a flower.
76. During a flood, this man risked his life to save these kittens.
77. A child had the idea to install a refrigerator where people could leave food for those who need it.
78. They saw this puppy was in danger and didn't hesitate to help out
79. This Subway decided to help feed the hungry.
80. These customers defended a cashier, and were unexpectedly rewarded.
81. Olive Garden didn't charge this family for their meal after hearing that their house had recently burned down.
82. There's nothing like a random stranger buying you a large iced coffee.
83. It was a hot summer day, so someone did something nice to cool everyone off.
84. Rather than leave the glasses behind, a Good Samaritan picked them up and hung them for when their owner returned.
85. He gave his shoes to someone who didn't have any.
86. He made sure she didn't get wet in the rain.
87. This kid sold lemonade for smiles.
88. This bookstore believes that reading is more important than money.
89. Seeing that someone's car window was left open in the rain, this person did their best to help out.
90. They made a morning commute a little more cheerful.
91. This free snack was certainly a nice surprise for someone having a rough day.
92. This police officer tied the shoelaces of an old man.
93. The 2 guys who rescued a sheep in Ireland.
94. The classmates that shaved their heads to support their friend battling cancer.
95. The guy who has saved an unimaginable amount of children with his blood donations.
96. The barber that gives free haircuts to the homeless.
97. The dog that loves his owner unconditionally.
98. The man who gave up his athletic career to save a life.
99. The misunderstood biker.
100. The little boy who is officially cancer free.
101. The couple married for 80 years and still going strong.
102. The wedding ring that was found 16 years after losing it... in an unlikely place.
103. Johnny Depp's awesome kindness for children.
104. And Nicolas Cage, too. :)
105. In the small town of Urbanna, VA, one woman has a small stack of kiddie pools and a sign in her yard. On the sign, she wrote "If your dog has to be outside... please take a pool to help keep them cool."
(H/T Epic Dash) Don't let this world get you down. There are plenty of good people out there who would help you if you stumbled. Feel good about other people and share this article - it'll spread the happiness.