When I was a kid, I knew a rottweiler. She was huge, her paws were the size of my face, and her name was Princess. And she was, in fact, a princess. Instead of snarling at passersby, she was much more interested in lounging around on the back porch and wondering why no one was rubbing her belly. She didn't rule the roost with an iron fist. Instead, she sashayed around in her sparkly pink collar looking for a little TLC.
Like pit bulls, however, rotties are pretty misunderstood. While it's important to do some research before bringing a dog into your home, the fact of the matter is that individual dogs have different personalities. But if you're still not convinced that most rotties are just big softies looking for love, here's some proof.
1. This has "menace" written all over it.
2. Just look at this savagery!
3. Only true threats to society become BFFs with little chickens. It's science.
4. Nothing says "I'm a beast" quite like getting pushed around by a cat.
5. They are THE WORST on car rides.
6. And rotties definitely don't play well with others.
7. You totally shouldn't let them near your kids...
8. ...like, ever.
9. And cats? Forget it. Rotties will love them to death like the monsters they really are.video-player-present
10. See? HORRIBLE. He is seriously hugging the life out of that kitty.
Can't tell if the cat is enjoying this or not. JukinVideoPosted by RantVideo on Thursday, September 3, 2015
11. Look at her just not attacking that husky at all. Typical.
12. They're terrible because they're notorious heart thieves.video-player-present
13. He's just waiting to strike.
14. Never in my life have I been confronted with so much evil.video-player-present
15. Ugh. Look at those two being vicious and staring off into the sunset.
16. If terror had a mascot, this would be it.
See? These big lugs are just looking for love. There are so many rottweilers battling stereotypes and wishing for forever homes, so if you're planning on adopting a large dog in the near future, why not learn a little bit more about rottie adoption? Save a life and gain a best friend in the process!