Snakes are on the receiving end of a lot of fear and hate - and with good reason; many of them are truly terrifying and dangerous. But not all snakes are evil! In fact, some are completely harmless.
Understandably, though, it's hard for some to let go of the connotations that come along with these creatures. Grown men have been known to cower at the sight of even the tiniest little serpent, leaving their daughters to pick up the worm-sized baby and release it into the garden (that definitely was not my dad...).
For those who suffer from ophidiophobia - the fear of snakes - I give you some of the teeniest, tiniest, most adorable little snakes that might even make you go awwww.
1. I mean, come on. He's wearing a top hat.
2. What a precious little necklace!
3. Look how excited he is to see you!
4. SO. EXCITED.
6. How can you be mad at this tiny little face?
7. Where did you get your sun hat? I love it!
With scales so pale, I can see why he'd want to keep the sun off his face.
8. Join me in welcoming this cutie to the world!
9. What if I were to tell you that Santa was actually an adorable little snake that slithers down your chimney?
Sorry, did that make it worse?
10. He's so tiny he doesn't even have teeth!
Just for some perspective on how tiny this guy is...
11. He's only got eyes for you.
12. More of a worm than a snake, really.
13. This quarter makes for a cool, roomy nap spot.
Think about how adorable that is for a second.
14. "Nice to meet you!"
15. ...She's wearing a giant pink turtleneck.
16. He just wants to love you.
17. "Something tickles..."
18. She loves it when you use this lotion.
19. "Play me that song I love?"
20. "Did you sssay something?"
21. Is it really that different from a sloppy dog kiss?
22. So. Teeny!
23. ...But it gets teenier!
24. He's so cozy in there.
25. See! Harmless!
And he ADDED A MUSTACHE.
If this doesn't cure your phobia, then I honestly don't know what will - especially that last one. Surely such a gentlemanly fellow couldn't possibly mean any harm!