Whenever I found myself all worked up during a thunderstorm, my mother would always remind me that there was nothing to fear, it was just God and my relatives in heaven bowling.
While such a simple explanation might have calmed my anxieties, good luck telling that same story to your furry friends. Thunderstorms can turn even the most ferocious fur ball into a quivering bundle of scaredy cat.
If your pet doesn't freak out when the sky starts to rumble, you're either super lucky or UNlucky, because these hilarious reactions are truly a treat. At least they're trying their best to weather the storm.
1. "You weren't planning on taking a shower, were you?"
2. "Think of my happy place, think of my happy place, think of my..."
3. "How can you play video games at a time like this?"
4. "Why is the sky so angry?"
5. Blanket forts won't save you now.
6. "Maybe the cloud monsters won't think to look under here."
7. Hiding in the dryer is definitely more harmful than the sound of thunder.
8. "I think there's a UFO outside."
9. "Find your own hiding spot."
10. "Is this your revenge after I ate your slippers?"
11. "Hold me."
12. You can run, but you can't hide from the sounds of Mother Nature.
13. "You should clean under your bed more often. There's barely any room to huddle in fear."
14. "I'm not scared. You're scared."
15. "Is it over yet?"
16. The only thing keeping this pooch from howling like a maniac is his stuffed cat. Ironic? We think so.
17. "I'm not afraid of heights, just thunder."
18. "What's that noise? Is it the mailman again?"
19. "Love me, Mr.Giraffey."
20. "Is this the end of the world as we know it?"
21. "What's going on outside, hooman?"
22. "Dad, no time for the potty, there's a storm a-brewin'"
23. "That thunder won't find me under here."
24. "I'll come out when the coast is clear."
25. "Cover your ears, Mr. Duck. Mom said everything's gonna be okay."
26. Thunderstorms: the one thing to end the rivalry between cats and dogs.
27. This pooch successfully hid his head from the storm (but what about the rest of his body?).