While humans think of bath time as a relaxing way to decompress, our canine companions aren't as open to the idea.
The exact cause of this bath time anxiousness is unknown to me, but I'd guess that pups just don't mind their smelliness as much as we do.
When most dogs hear the word "bath," they do just about anything to avoid a close encounter with the watery depths. One major way dogs try to avoid bath time is by simply running away and hiding, but others take a different approach. While it's rarely a success, these pooches would rather play dead than be anywhere near a bath tub.
1. "Oh you want me to take a bath? Over my dead body!"video-player-present
2. "Give up, hooman! I can do this all day!"video-player-present
3. This pooch's "playing dead" game could use a bit of work.video-player-present
Read More: They Were Worried About Their Foster Child Adjusting Until He Met This Dog
4. "You expect me to walk to the bath tub? If I need a bath so bad, you can carry me."video-player-present
5. When playing dead doesn't work, even this dog's attempt at running away doesn't prove too helpful. video-player-present
6. He'll learn one day that playing the cute card only gets you so far in life.video-player-present
7. And the Academy Award for best death scene portrayed by a dog at bath time goes to...BUDDY!video-player-present
8. If my owner were this infatuated with cleaning my butt, I'd play dead, too!video-player-present
9. "Why am I the only dog in this house that has to take a bath? What about Bruce over there?"video-player-present
10. "If you stopped nudging me with your feet like that, maybe I wouldn't need a bath."video-player-present
11. This dog was playing dead so long that she began to doze off.video-player-present
12. In her attempt to play dead to avoid bath time, this pooch became the world's first doggy broom. video-player-present
13. "I'll take a bath after you take one, lady!"video-player-present
Read More: This Dog's Bark Might Sound Cute, But It's The Result Of Horrible Abuse
Sorry, guys. We all have to suck it up sometimes. Share this with all the frustrated (but totally entertained) pet parents in your life!