True story: my mom is a cake decorator.
This means that I had amazing birthday sweets growing up, and I got to watch her work on fantastic creations for weddings and other special occasions.
Unfortunately, I didn't get the artistic gene, so I was relegated to "helping" by eating icing and watching "The Next Great Baker." I've always been in awe of the talent that goes into cake creations, so in honor of National Cake Decorating Day, here are 20 of the most stunning cakes I've ever seen.
1. Birch trees and autumn leaves are just dazzling for this time of year.
2. Roses are a cake classic, and these look too good to eat.
3. This geode cake is beyond gorgeous.
4. I'd hang this wreath on my door if I could.
5. Elegant and cute for any major Disney fan.
6. For the little ones, this sleepytime cake is the perfect addition to any storybook.
7. A Henna-inspired cake is the very definition of exquisite.
8. The nerd in me is screaming. This cake is super.
9. These teacups are just divine. Bring on the scones!
10. The texture and subtle ombre make the icing look like chiffon.
11. Rustic and handsome -- and even the inside is special! Check out the video tutorial here.
12. So spooooooooky.
13. This stunner inspired by Ursa Major is out of this world.
14. Perfect for any princess.
15. Eating cake could be the best way to get every serving of fruit.
16. Have your cake and eat your cookies, too.
17. This is almost too artistic to eat.
18. This abstract cake is so beautiful.
19. Sometimes classic colors and designs can be truly elevated to magnificent status.
20. And other times, beautiful cakes need to go full whimsy.
All I can think is that I really need some cake now.