Superstition tells us here in the States that crossing paths with a black cat is bad luck.
However, in other parts of the world, black cats are symbols of good luck and prosperity. In the U.K., a black cat is considered to be good luck to a bride, and they are often given out as wedding gifts. In Germany, a black cat lying in the road can be either good or bad luck depending on the direction it's facing. In the U.S., however, these furry creatures have the lowest adoption rate and often spend more time in shelters than all other cats combined.
Despite the stigmas associated with black cats, no one can deny that all cats were created equal and that their cuteness knows no bounds. As Halloween approaches, here are 23 of the cutest black kitties around.
1. Hold on for dear life. This black cat's cuteness is dangerous.
2. I don't know what your taco-ing about. This cat is purrfect.
3. "I shouldn't have eaten that second mouse."
4. "I didn't do it."
5. What's so spooky about black cats? I see nothing but preciousness here.
6. "Don't leave me alone with all this paperwork."
7. "Hooman, I need all the tummy rubs."
8. How can you say no to that face?
9. "Look me in the eyes and tell me I'm not the cutest thing you've ever seen."
10. Just lounging around, waiting for some lovin'.
11. "A little more to the left."
12. "I'm not bad luck. I just have an attitude."
13. "Scary? Who's scary here?"
14. Oh yeah. Reeeeal terrifying.
15. "I'm a witch's best friend. "
16. Move over, dogs. Trickster cat coming through.
17. Two black cats are better than one.
18. "Hello, gentle peasant. I present you with this leaf."
19. "Tell me I'm not adorable. I dare you."
20. No need to hide. Let your true beauty shine.
21. Well, that's one way to clean your nose.
22. To achieve your dreams, sometimes you have to go out and grab them (even if your dreams are all about snacks).
23. That's one pretty kitty.
While these cats are cute, there's already one spooky feline who owns my heart.