Every cat owner who's ever received a package in the mail knows they can't turn their back for more than two seconds after opening the delivery before their feline friend claims the cardboard box for themselves.
Researchers are still working to figure out what exactly makes these simple paper squares so magnetic to our silly kitties, but we all know they're too adorable to deny them this simple pleasure. However, these cuties may need an intervention soon...
1. "Soft, pillowy, comfy bed? Nah."
2. "Back away from the box and my claws will stay where they are."
3. "It's so roomy!"
4. "Is that a bigger box over there?"
5. "How DARE you try to recycle my best friend."
6. I think someone might have a problem...
7. He has literally never been happier.
8. "This is fine! Everything is fine!!"
9. Cuddles feel better in cardboard...even if you don't exactly fit.
10. "You give me a castle when you decide we're going to move? Not happening."
11. "It's like the best hug ever!"
12. "Um...may we help you?"
13. "I am never leaving here. I'm not joking."
14. Perfect solution for the bed vs. cardboard debate.
15. "I think we could fit another wing on here..."
16. He takes both nap and snack time very seriously.
17. "HE WON'T SHARE."
18. "Enter at your own risk!"
19. "Sorry, this box is invitation only."
20. This little king is not going to give up his castle.
21. "MINE! ALL MINE!"
22. "You get a toy, we get a toy. Got it?"
23. "You can't see me. Go away."
24. "Where's the rest of it?"
25. "Dude, this is way better than last Christmas." "I know, man."
26. "Take that plastic thing away from me."
27. The first box is the sweetest.
28. Spend lots of dough on a cat paradise or...
That said, who are we to judge their adorable vices? Just make sure they don't see you on recycling day. They might never forgive you.