It would be nice if we could all have a spoon full of Mary Poppins' sugar to make cleaning a snap. In the real world, though, it's always just the worst when you realize things have gotten a tad too untidy. Unless you're one of the strange and rare folks who seem to actually enjoy scrubbing and polishing, it's a struggle just to talk yourself into starting the awful tasks. But when the alternative is living in your own filth, you know it's time to hang your head and get to work.
Before you resign yourself to another sad cleaning spree, take a look at these tricks to help your attitude and home get a little brighter. Being organized and clean can actually be easy with the proper planning.
1. Use a shoe organizer for easy access to your supplies.
2. Try this no-work-needed shower head cleaning method.
3. Attach a scrubber to your drill and save yourself the pain.
4. Use foil to line your paint tray for less mess.
5. Make holes at the bottom of your trashcan for less suction.
6. Use this trick to get the gunk out of your microwave.
7. A shop vac can be used as a rolling mop bucket.
8. Power-clean your patio.
9. Most ovens have these super convenient hooks for easy cleaning.
10. Never buy another Swiffer pad again.
11. Get pet hair out of the carpet with a squeegee.
12. Place newspaper at the bottom of your trash can to catch any stray liquid.
13. Put a cereal container in your car for a mini-trash can.
14. You can use toothpaste to make your headlights like new again.
15. Encourage hand washing for kids by making a little more fun.
16. Invest in these. Seriously.
You may scoff at the Magic Eraser, but those little white sponges are magic. Whether you're cleaning a scuffed walls, dirty shoes or your computer keyboard, the Magic Eraser will make it bright and new. Every time I use it, I'm in awe.
Share this awesome organization and cleaning hacks with others. They'll thank you for it.