When I wake up every morning, I want to look my best.
We've all got beauty tips and tricks we use on a daily basis and I love sharing these with my friends and comparing our routines. There are a ton of ideas that I had never heard of before, and some are so, so clever. Here are 18 of the most useful beauty hacks out there right now that will help you step your makeup game way up!
1. Foundation too thick? Add a little bit of moisturizer or facial oil.
If you've managed to get a tan, you can also add liquid bronzer to make your too-light foundation just right.
2. Coconut oil is great for removing waterproof mascara and other water-resistant makeup. Olive oil works, too!
3. Cinnamon and peppermint essential oils can make your lips look more plump and glossy.
4. Using baking soda in your face wash twice a week will leave your skin absolutely glowing. Just don't overdo it, since it can really mess up the pH balance of your skin.
5. Try a few drops of saline solution in your too-dry mascara to liven it back up.
6. Add rubbing alcohol to a broken eyeshadow or powder, smooth it out, and let it dry overnight. It'll be good as new!
In this picture, the pink eyeshadow was broken and fixed using this method. You can't even tell!
7. Hot water can liven up nail polish that's gotten too thick. Just put the bottle in hot water and apply while still warm.
8. Use hairspray to keep those eyebrows tame. Spray some on an old spoolie brush for the best effect.
9. Baby powder can be a great dry shampoo if you have medium to light hair. You can also try cornstarch.
10. Hair straighteners can work double-duty as curling irons. Just twist sections of hair from the roots down and iron. You can also spin the straightener as you go down a section of hair for a similar effect.
11. Skin cream can make the ends of your hair shiny and protect against breakage if you use it right before bed.
12. Clear deodorant on your feet can protect against blisters in new shoes. This one is a life saver!
13. Warm your eyelash curler with your hair dryer for a few seconds before using to create lasting bend.
14. Squeeze Elmer's glue around your nails before you paint them. When you're done, peel off the glue to take any mistakes along with it!
15. Tape can be used to section off your nails and create gorgeous designs.
This nail artist started with a green base coat then created patterns with the tape to add the red and gold.
16. A tiny bit of Vaseline wherever you apply your perfume can make the scent last all day.
17. For a fuller ponytail, try making two, one right above the other. It'll create an optical illusion that's sure to fool everyone. To hide the two hair bands, wrap a piece of hair from your ponytail around them and bobby pin underneath.
18. Soak cotton balls or swabs in eyedrops, then freeze them for a few minutes. If you've got a pimple, this can help take away redness and swelling.