Ad Blocker Detected

We've noticed you're currently running ad blocking software. The contents of this site are available for free thanks to the contributions of our sponsors. If you cannot see the entire article, we would appreciate if you would deactivate your ad blocker and refresh the page before continuing to browse.

Thank you.

KEEP SCROLLING FOR MORE GREAT CONTENT

This Baby Died With Cocaine In His System, But Police Aren't Doing Anything

FEBRUARY 3, 2017  —  By Corinne Sanders

Jordan Groombridge was only three months old when he suddenly died, and the circumstances surrounding his death are unbelievable.

One night in April 2016, his 29-year-old mother, Emine, was sleeping in her bed with the infant boy and her three-year-old son, Alfie. When the Kent, England, resident tried to wake Jordan up in the morning, he was warm, but completely unresponsive. Paramedics couldn't revive him, and he was pronounced dead within the hour.

What's incredibly disturbing is that an investigation revealed that traces of cocaine were found in Jordan's system. During a hearing, consultant pediatric pathologist Dr. Liina Palm said that he could have ingested it through breastfeeding or another way, but that it couldn't be identified as the cause of his death.

Both Emine and the baby's father, 28-year-old Kieron Groombridge, denied using drugs. But according to Christopher Morris, an assistant coroner, "Emine said words to the effect that she had done this that it was her fault."

The couple reportedly had an argument the night before Jordan's death, and Kieron stayed the night at his cousin's house. When he came home the next morning, he found Emine holding the unresponsive baby and called an ambulance.

Read More: This Mom Did Something Horrific That Put Her Toddler In The Hospital

Now police say they aren't taking any further action.

Some doctors have suggested that Jordan died from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) and that he shouldn't have been sleeping in the same bed with his parents.

(via Daily Mail)

However Jordan died, it's terrible that he was exposed to cocaine in the first place. Be sure to share this story if you think that someone needs to be held responsible for this.

Load another article