As you shipped your sons or daughters off to college a few weeks ago, I'm willing to bet that Command strips were on your list of must-haves.
But this company makes products that are good for way more than hanging decorations. Command also makes hooks that are amazing for when you want to hang things like towels and coats without committing to a nailed-in rack.
As it turns out, Command hooks are full of life-hack potential! To get you started, here are 15 uses for these little guys that you probably never thought of.
1. There's nothing worse than having to constantly hold your iPad while watching TV in bed. Why not try this inexpensive wall mount that will give you a little freedom?
2. Hang bags in the car to keep all your trash in one place.
3. Unraveling cling wrap can be a bit unnerving when you're trying to tear and unroll at the same time. Rig boxes of cling wrap, aluminum foil, and wax paper by hanging them up with Command hooks.
4. Rotate your kids' drawings by clipping them to clothes hangers and hanging them with Command hooks. No nails necessary!
5. Use them to increase storage in your cupboards by mounting lids on cabinet doors.
6. Keep unwanted visitors out of the fridge with two hooks and a hair tie.
7. Prevent your trash bag from falling inside the can by securing the handles with hooks.
8. Living in a world with technology can mean that you have to deal with lots of misplaced wires. Keep them hidden with a few plastic hooks.
9. Show off your green thumb by creating your own hanging pots that you can use inside and outside.
10. Decorating for the holidays just got so much easier. Keep Christmas lights in place using small Command hooks.
11. Can't find your car keys? Ditch heavy-duty key racks like the one below and use Command hooks in the same way.
12. Hang a wreath in place without leaving a nail sticking out when you take it down.
13. Sideways hooks inside your bathroom cabinet make for an inexpensive toothbrush holder alternative.
14. Our teacher friends won't have to worry about disappearing headphones. Hang hooks on monitors so kiddos know exactly where to put them back.
15. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make sure you're eating a balanced diet by measuring out the right portions with this simple hook hack.
I don't know about you, but I'm hooked on the idea of using these simple hacks. (I'm sorry...I had to.)