When it came time to wash the dishes every night after supper, there was only one dish detergent that could help get the job done just the way I liked.
You’re all probably familiar with the sudsy, blue consistency of Dawn dish soap, but the liquid-y goodness is useful for more than just washing dirty pots and pans. For instance, did you know it can also be used as a laundry pretreatment? And that’s just one of the many magical uses.
So to help you get the most bang for your buck, here are 18 uses for Dawn dish soap that will make your life that much easier.
1. Create your own window cleaner by mixing three drops of Dawn with one gallon of water.
2. The dish soap is the nationally recommended grease-removal tool for the treatment of animals after an oil spill.
3. Soak your fingers in a bowl of Dawn for an inexpensive manicure. (It'll soften your cuticles, making them easier to work with.)
4. Use one drop of Dawn to eight ounces of water to clean your ceramic tile.
5. Add a drop of dish soap to a spray bottle of water to make a quick and easy bug repellent for your favorite houseplants.
6. This dish soap bubble solution will entertain your kids for hours.
7. Combining rubbing alcohol, hot water, and Dawn will make the perfect sidewalk deicer for those wicked winter storms.
8. Washing poison ivy-affected skin with Dawn will help dry out the rash and prevent it from spreading.
9. Free your pets from pesky fleas by bathing them with Dawn, instead of traditional shampoos.
10. Spray surfaces that are prone to ants with a soapy-water mixture to prevent them from returning.
11. Mix Dawn dish soap with corn oil to quickly remove paint and grease from your skin.
12. Squirting Dawn into the center of your pool will push all the dirt to the outside edges, making it easier to clean.
13. Soak your greasy tools in the soap, wash them off, and put them away sparkling clean.
14. Pour the dish soap into a Ziploc baggy and freeze for a cheap ice pack alternative.
15. By pouring a cup of Dawn into your toilet bowl and letting it soak for 15 minutes, this will help to unclog your pipes.
16. Run out of shampoo and don't have time to run to the store? Use dish soap when you lather and rinse.
17. Got oily Skin? A mixture of water and Dawn makes for the perfect facial cleanser.
18. Pretreat your dirty clothes with dish soap to help remove those tough stains.
(via One Good Thing By Jillee)
So many uses, so little time. Which will you try first?