I've worked my fair share of odd jobs that left me with a permanent scowl on my face and moody for days.
Most Americans have worked at least one job that they would describe as an absolute nightmare. Getting out of bed in the morning for a job you strongly dislike is the worst. I've been known to warn my coworkers not to speak or even look me in the eyes before I've had my first cup of coffee.
But no matter how horrible my work days were, I've never experienced anything quite like this. Imagine surviving the workday commute only to come face-to-face with any of these 21 disturbing things found at work. Equal parts disturbing and outright disgusting, these are what nightmares are made of.
1. Nothing like demonic masks at eight in the morning.
2. Do all funeral home workers keep rotting bags of teeth in their desk drawers?
3. Nothing like finding a dead goldfish in the employee restroom...
4. The Goodwill gets some pretty creepy donations. (Who would pay for this?)
5. Just because it's bring your child to work day, no one invited this family of scorpions.
6. This is my worst nightmare.
7. They sell just about anything in local gas stations these days...
8. I have to give professional cleaning crews a lot of credit. I could never do this.
9. I don't know who's worst off. The employees responsible for making these creepy scarecrows, or the ones that have to sell them?
10. This caused quite the chatter around the water cooler the next day.
11. Imagine finding this bad boy in a box of ripe bananas.
12. You never know what you'll find when you send your students on an archeological dig.
13. Even before reaching his desk, the elevator informed him he was on his way to hell.
14. Don't take your pre-schoolers for a walk, unless you want to traumatize them for life.
15. A landscaper found these creepy dolls buried six feet under a tree.
16. What art teacher thought this was okay to display in the hallways?
17. How did this creepy book even make it to the library shelves?
18. Things took a pretty dark turn when a person found this note in a parking garage at work.
19. Nothing to see here. Just a jar full of CPR dummy faces.
20. Someone's watching over the patients and nurses at this nursing home.
21. This is why you don't go exploring work after hours.
Well, it's a good thing I mostly work from home now, because whatever disturbing things I find are of my own doing.