Hiking is a great way to get exercise and enjoy nature at the same time, but it requires a lot of energy that even our most hyper four-legged friends can find themselves drained of before you even hit the first hill.
Luckily, these hikers had the perfect solution for their puppy pals when they got on the trails.
1. "Are we there yet?
2. "This is a MUCH better view."
3. "I just need a minute, that's all."
4. "Huh, when did I leave my bed?"
5. I think someone stepped on a twig.
6. She didn't even make it out of the parking lot before giving up.
7. "If I keep one paw out, it's pretty much like walking."
8. He'll be running circles around them soon enough.
9. Laughing at his owner for thinking three legs could go that far.
10. "You need this workout more than me."
11. "Is that a squirrel? Eh, oh well."
12. He hates heights.
13. "I don't know what those other dogs were talking about, hiking isn't so hard."
14. "Please don't show this to the other dogs at the park."
15. "At least I only took 20 pee breaks."
16. "Who else is gonna keep the water safe?"
17. "It's just the altitude getting to me, I swear."
18. "You got this, bro."
19. "I'm so ashamed, don't look at me."
20. At least she doesn't weigh down the backpack.
(via The Dodo)
I wouldn't mind being able to do this on hikes myself. I wonder if any of my friends have big enough backpacks...