Before anyone calls me a Christmas Scrooge, I have a confession to make: I've lived through many holiday seasons, but have never tasted a sip of eggnog.
I guess I just never really understood the appeal of a creamy, egg-based drink. But with that said, I've heard from many family members and peers that it's one of those drinks that you either really love or really hate. One thing I do know for sure is that like everything else in the world, it's served best with a bit of whiskey or rum.
While I plan to taste test a few options this year, those who are already in love with the beverage might be looking for new ways to enjoy it. So here's something for avid 'nog drinkers and newbies alike -- 22 delicious recipes to help ring in the holiday season.
1. Share a bit of eggnog at your Thanksgiving dinner with this 'nog pumpkin pie.
2. I hear eggnog tastes better when you mix it with ice cream and blend it together into a delicious milkshake -- but that's true with everything.
3. In this truffle recipe, there's a bit of eggnog in every bite.
4. These aren't your average Jell-O shots.
5. Cranberry eggnog bread is scrumptiously good for breakfast or dessert.
6. No need to preheat the oven for these no-bake eggnog bites.
7. This simple ice cream recipe only requires two ingredients (I'll give you a hint, one of them is eggnog).
8. Rice pudding fans rejoice. There's an eggnog recipe just for you!
9. You simply cannot go wrong with an eggnog donut -- it's the perfect way to start your day.
10. The only thing magical about this eggnog magic cake is the taste.
11. Who knew you could take your pancakes to the next level with a bit of eggnog and a cranberry maple syrup?
12. Substitute the egg bath with eggnog in this easy French toast recipe.
13. Take your homemade eggnog up a notch with this salted caramel add-in.
14. These eggnog muffins are topped with a sinfully gooey glaze.
15. Deck the halls with these yummy iced eggnog cookies.
16. Why not end a romantic dinner for two with eggnog creme brulee.
17. It wouldn't be a list of delectable desserts without an eggnog cheesecake recipe.
18. A batch or two of these eggnog cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning might just be the greatest present of all.
19. Your kids will go crazy for eggnog waffles.
20. Repurpose your leftover gingerbread cookies into epic eggnog ice cream sandwiches.
21. Stock up on your favorite dippable cookies to enjoy this quick and easy eggnog dip.