Ah, packaging. It's the necessary evil that stands between us and the products we can't wait to get our hands on...and it's usually really, really annoying. With all of those nasty adhesives and seemingly impenetrable plastics, it's like packaging designers want to drive us insane.
But some companies enlist the help of designers who actually want to sell us a packaging experience instead of a scissor-ruining nightmare. Businesspeople everywhere should take a page or two (or twelve) out of this clever design book.
1. Pencil shavings don't usually belong in salad...
...unless they're made out of cheese.
2. You stuck the label on upside down. How edgy.
Wait a minute...
3. I feel like they're trying to tell us something...
Yeah, subtlety isn't really their thing.
4. Enjoy a little light reading.
5. Give your wine-snob friends two choices.
Hint: "Something oaky" is not one of them.
6. The early bird gets the worm...
...and the cute little pair of kids' shoes inside.
7. Convince skeptical coworkers that you absolutely did not buy cupcakes for this year's company cookout.
See? Straight out of the oven.
8. Veggies are good for you.
Aaaaand so are condoms.
9. Housework is a bore.
10. If you think your favorite chocolate is the best...
...you haven't seen this yet.
11. If you have enough time on your hands to be bored with your dish towels, don't worry.
12. Hanging clothes is the best way to avoid wrinkles.
So keep your teas in the closet. (Or, you know, in a mug.)
I'd rather not deal with shrink wrap and cellophane if at all possible, so coming across products like these in stores would be a nice change of pace. I guess packaging designers aren't all bad...at least twelve of them aren't, anyway.