If there were ever a single unifier, the almighty french fry might just be it.
The only downside to eating too many french fries is that eating that many carbs should probably be illegal, but given how this week is going, I will eat all the damn fries I want. No matter if you're a potato wedge lover or a shoestring fried addict, there's at least one side of fried potato goodness that melts your troubles away.
Now if I'm being completely honest, I'm a classic ketchup-and-fries kind of guy, but there are so many interesting combinations of flavors and textures that can take your fry-eating experience to the next level. So to help step up your fry game, we've compiled 24 of the most delicious french fry recipes that you can comfort eat for as long as you need.
1. For the fancier fry lover, these Greek shoestring fries with a garlic saffron aioli will do the trick.
2. These french fries are all the deliciousness of a Philly cheesesteak without the bun.
3. They've finally turned my favorite chips into a delicious baked alternative to french fries.
4. This epic recipe will transport your tastebuds south of the border.
5. Not all recipes need to be tedious and complex. Add a bit of garlic and cilantro for a savory kick.
6. This pulled pork-topped version is perfect for a meaty treat.
7. If pizza fries look healthy, they have to be, right?
8. This casserole dish combines the best parts of a burger and fries, and it's number one on my must-try list.
9. Forget the noodles. This pad Thai recipe is all about the french fries.
10. And it wouldn't be a complete list if we didn't include this mushroom-packed take on Canadian poutine.
11. Forget pizza fries. Why not use fries as the actual pizza crust?
12. Beer and chili fries are both bar food staples, so imagine the joy of combining two great tastes into one.
13. Lemon-herb seasoned fries will take you back to the tastes of summer.
14. What's the skinny? These chicken taco fries are absolutely to die for.
15. No tortilla chips, no problem. Try using french fries for your next plate of nachos.
16. I've never actually tried a Cuban sandwich, but if they're half as good as these fries look, I'm all in!
17. If you can stand the heat in the kitchen, then chipotle fries are definitely for you.
18. Piled high with all your Mexican faves, what's not to love about carne asada french fries?
19. All the flavor of a chicken wing without the mess. Buffalo french fries pass this taste test.
20. Brown sugar and cinnamon sweet potato fries are proof that this favorite can take on dessert, too.
21. You can't go wrong with chicken bacon ranch piled atop a mountain of fries.
22. I've yet to find a food that doesn't taste better wrapped in bacon. These bacon-wrapped potato wedges are where it's at.
23. This hearty french fry casserole is sure to be your new favorite slow-cooker recipe.