Friendsgiving is sort of like Thanksgiving's drunk, crazy, and way less judgmental cousin.
This new holiday is a lot less high-maintenance than the main event and can serve as the perfect way to destress after spending a full day with all of your relatives. There's no need to worry about awkward political talk or your grandmother constantly bombarding you with questions about how sucky your love life is.
Rather than stick to traditional fare, this friend-oriented gathering allows you to switch things up a bit and take a creative spin on your holiday favorites. Whether you're a Friendsgiving pro or a first timer, here are 23 amazing recipes that'll make you forget all about what went down on Thanksgiving.
1. Start off the night with delicious sweet potato crostini.
2. A scrumptious Friendsgiving dish like this vegetarian shepherd's pie will only take an hour out of your day.
3. Forego the turkey and try a savory chicken pumpkin pasta bake instead.
4. Try bundling up your veggies in one bacon-y bite.
5. Spice up your favorite meatballs with cranberry-packed sauce.
6. Whether it's your first drink or your fifth, this cranberry apple sangria will give you something to be thankful for.
7. Transform your Thanksgiving leftovers into awesome Friendsgiving eggrolls.
8. This fluffy dessert is a cranberry treat like you've never seen before.
9. Upgrade your favorite biscuit recipe with an herb and yogurt surprise.
10. I've never been a big fan of Brussels sprouts but this cider and bacon upgrade has my mouth watering.
11. No need for gravy with these mashed potato puffs.
12. Make use of your favorite frozen waffles by making Eggo waffle stuffing.
13. Pumpkin pie without the crust? This easy dip recipe will make you forget all about unnecessary carbs.
14. Nothing says friendship like a giant helping of butternut squash mac and cheese.
15. Mashed potato casserole is just as cheesy as your BFF's favorite joke.
16. Skip the traditional mashed potatoes for this yummy sweet potato spin.
17. This mushroom Challah stuffing is sure to make your friends holla!
18. Why use the oven when this slow cooker stuffing can be left alone to work its magic.
19. Your friends won't believe this sage chicken recipe isn't roasted.
20. Drink in the last few weeks of fall with a boozy apple cider margarita (or 10).
21. Fill up my cup with savory butternut squash soup, please!
22. Not every friend needs to bring a hearty dish. No one is going to wish you didn't bring cheesy bacon chip situation, for example.