If you're like me, you probably get about a thousand holiday cards every December that you have no idea what to do with. This year, get the most out of them with these 20 decorating ideas.
Usually, I try to prop the cards up on the mantle, but there's always far too many. With the ideas on this list, however, you can ensure that holiday cards become an integral part of your home's holiday decorations. After all, the cards are beautiful! Why not use that to your advantage?
1. Frame a doorway with fresh or fake garland, then use clothespins to attach holiday cards.
2. Or dress up the railing on your stairs for the same effect.
3. Displaying cards on cabinets is a fun way to add holiday cheer to the kitchen.
4. If you like to sew, use scrap fabric to make this easy but impressive Christmas tree card holder. Click here for full instructions.
5. Instead of throwing out her old box spring, this mom turned it into an eye-catching display.
6. Old shutters can also be used to show off cards for a rustic vibe.
7. This woman made a lovely holiday display out of some scrap wood and chicken wire.
8. Why settle for propping cards on the mantle when you can hang them so beautifully underneath it?
9. For a simple card solution, punch a hole in each one and attach it to a metal ring. That'll make it easy to leave them on display and flip through them when you need a little holiday cheer!
10. If you have an empty picture frame laying around, add a strand of lights for a glowing card display.
11. Use a pair of old window frames to make any room look festive.
12. Believe it or not, this card rack is made out of painted mousetraps! Click here to learn more.
13. You don't have to be super creative to display your cards, though. This makeshift tree is made out of simple washi tape.
14. Even just using a piece of twine is a beautiful way to display your cards!
15. If my house had this many extra hangers, laundry day would be a lot easier. Nevertheless, it's a beautiful decor idea!
16. Anything that brings a bit of nature inside is a win in my book.
17. This rustic log display gets the job done, too!
18. Who knew that lattice could be so festive?
19. Or that all the wine you drank this year would finally come in handy? This is an adult-friendly cork board anyone could appreciate.
20. If all else fails, just stick the cards to the wall and add some washi tape borders. At least you'll be able to enjoy them before the holidays are over.
Some people are so crafty! If you have other ingenious ways to display holidays cards, be sure to share them in the comments.