Many of us are far more interested in serial killers than we'd like to admit.
And while some are satisfied with reading or watching documentaries about them, others (including myself) want to take a closer look at their lives, even going as far as to visit the places where they killed their victims. Luckily, there are companies willing to give us that morbid experience.
From the murder sites of the Manson Family to those of Jack the Ripper, these tours will take you where infamous killers snuffed out the lives of their victims.
1. The Jack the Ripper CSI Tour in London takes you on a walk around the areas where the unidentified serial killer murdered 11 women. The website boasts that you can "visit more of the actual Whitechapel Murder sites than on any other tour."
2. The Helter Skelter tour takes you directly to the sites where the Manson Family murdered Sharon Tate and the LaBiancas in California. You'll even get a piece of the Tate fireplace that was collected during the demolition of the house.
3. Day and night tours are available of the Villisca Ax Murder House in Iowa, where six members of the Moore family and two of their guests were bludgeoned to death with an ax. Their murderer was never found.
4. The True Crime and Serial Killer Tour takes you on a walk through Chicago, promising visits to death sites, crime scenes, and even "the hunting grounds of John Wayne Gacy."
5. The Real Black Dahlia Crime Bus Tour takes you to the spot where 22-year-old Elizabeth Short's body was found sliced in half in Leimert Park, Los Angeles. The Black Dahlia murder is one of the oldest unsolved murders in the city's history.