Taking another human life is the most unnatural thing a person can do, but serial killers have an innate drive to commit murder. Hearing them describe how killing makes them feel is absolutely sickening.
From Dahmer to Bundy, many serial killers are eager to talk about their crimes once they've been captured by police. Often, they've been holding onto secrets for years and can't bear to stay silent any longer.
Perhaps the seven men below were seeking attention or just got pleasure out of reliving the murders, but either way, these serial killers described their crimes and the emotions surrounding them in detail. A word of warning, though -- their words aren't for the faint of heart.
1. David Berkowitz: "I was literally singing to myself on my way home, after the killing. The tension, the desire to kill a woman had built up in such explosive proportions that when I finally pulled the trigger, all the pressures, all the tensions, all the hatred, had just vanished, dissipated, but only for a short time."
2. Ted Bundy: "Murder is not about lust and it’s not about violence. It’s about possession. When you feel the last breath of life coming out of the woman, you look into her eyes. At that point, it’s being God."
3. David Parker Ray: "I don't like killin' the girls that we bring here, but occasionally things happen. What can I say? I would really hate to have to dump that pretty little body off in a canyon somewhere, to rot. I'm not trying to scare you. That's just the way it is."
4. Richard Ramirez: "Big deal. Death always went with the territory. See you in Disneyland."
5. Albert Fish: "First, I stripped her naked. How she did kick, bite, and scratch. I choked her to death, then cut her in small pieces so I could take the meat to my rooms, cook, and eat it. How sweet and tender her little ass was roasted in the oven. It took me 9 days to eat her entire body. I did not fuck her, though I could have if I wished. She died a virgin."
6. Jeffrey Dahmer: " I separated the joints, the arm joints, the leg joints, and had to do two boilings. I think I used four boxes of Soilex for each one, put in the upper portion of the body and boiled that for about two hours and then the lower portion for another two hours. The Soilex removes all the flesh, turns it into a jelly-like substance and it just rinses off. Then I laid the clean bones in a light bleach solution, left them there for a day and spread them out on either newspaper or cloth and let them dry for about a week in the bedroom."
7. Edmund Kemper: "One side of me says, I'd like to talk to her, date her. The other side says, I wonder how her head would look on a stick. And then another side of me wonders what her hands would look like if they were lobsters."
Absolutely despicable. I feel like I need to go wash my eyes out with bleach.