If you thought ice cream bread sounded delicious, prepare your taste buds for leopard-print milk bread!
If you ask hilarious South African YouTuber SuzelleDIY, she'll tell you that in her humble opinion, there is no such thing as too much leopard print. She's even gone so far as to immortalize her favorite pattern in dough with this super-sexy leopard bread (if bread could ever be such a thing).
It's relatively simple to make, tasty, and best of all, it will amaze your friends to no end when you slice into it!video-player-present
Want to try this for yourself? Here's everything you need to know.
- 1 and 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons soft, unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Red, green, and blue food coloring
- Make three different batches of bread dough – one normal, one dark chocolate, and one a lighter chocolate. Change the hue by using different amounts of food coloring and cocoa powder.
- Once you have six balls of each, form long strips out of the light brown dough balls, then roll out your dark chocolate dough and wrap some around each one, followed by the plain dough. Finally, roll them into even thinner strips and cut each one in half, pinching the edges closed.
- Next, stack them on top of each other to form a loaf shape. Pinch both ends together tightly.
- Place the dough into a bread tin, cover, and let it rise for an hour.
- Brush your dough with a little bit of milk and pop it into the oven for 25 minutes.