Just like great literature, tattoos last forever. So, it's only natural that many ink-enthusiasts gravitate to their favorite authors when considering what they'd like to brand their body with for the rest of their life.
Even for the less-avid readers out there, all the best books tend find a way into our lives and make an impact at exactly the moment we need them the most. From childhood heroes to adulthood epiphanies, you probably know that incredible feeling of connecting to the words on a page. Take a look at how these literary lovers paid homage to their favorite works of fiction.
1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
2. Portrait of Edgar Allan Poe
3. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
4. A Series Of Unfortunate Events by Daniel Handler
5. "Invention" from Where The Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
6. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
7. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
8. Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
9. From the original artwork for The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
10. Portrait of John Steinbeck
11. "40" from 50 Poems by E.E. Cummings
12. From "Lady Lazarus" in Ariel by Sylvia Plath
13. Still I Rise by Maya Angelou
14. Persuasion by Jane Austen
15. From a letter sent by Charles Bukowski
You can check out The Word Made Flesh for even more inspiration and maybe even get some ink of your own.
And be sure to share with your friends using the buttons below!