As I continue to write more and more food-related articles, it's becoming quite obvious that I'm a much pickier eater than I once thought.
And with that revelation comes another shocking fact about myself that might just turn most of the world against me: I'm not the biggest fan of chocolate. While most people go gaga for any and all things chocolate, I've never really seen the appeal of it.
Until now. My craving for chocolate is currently through the roof, and I'd dip, dunk, or even drink the tasty goodness through a straw if I could. Many will agree that chocolate is at its best when it's melted down, but unfortunately, this isn't too easy. Who wants to haul out the double boiler and hover over the stove until the chocolate's just right? But now, thanks to The Yummy Life, you can melt down chocolate chips using a slow cooker. Here's how:
Fill Mason jars up with your favorite baking chips and place them in your slow cooker.
Next, fill your slow cooker halfway with water. Leave the lid off of it, power it up on high, and let it sit. Stir the chips once every 30 minutes. It's that simple!
Once you melt down your chocolate, it'll stay melted for up to three hours.
And now that you know this baking hack, here are 17 recipes that put it to excellent use:
1. Your melted chocolate is the perfect finishing touch for these scrumptious Nutella truffles.
2. How do you make classic macaroons even better? Dip those coconut confections into gooey chocolate and take their taste to a whole new level.
3. Satisfy your salty and sweet cravings with these easy chocolate caramel pretzel bites.
4. Drizzle a layer of melted chocolate over these thumbprint cookies to give them a decorative touch.
5. Covering your traditional snowball cookies in melted chocolate will send your taste buds into tastiness overload.
6. Trick your kids into eating apple slices by covering them in chocolate and putting them on a stick.
7. Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? Certainly no one that's ever tried these yummy eclairs.
8. Instead of a popsicle to beat the heat, why not try one of these tasty chocolate-covered bananas?
9. These quick and easy buttercream candies taste even better when complemented with some chocolatey yumminess.
10. Ice a cake with this buttercream frosting that utilizes melted chocolate.
11. Adorn your next milkshake with these edible chocolate-covered garnishes.
12. If you're a pistachio lover like myself, this frozen treat with chocolate drizzles is perfect for those unbearably hot summer days.
13. These Rice Krispies treat pops are so easy to make and decorate.
14. This chocolatey popcorn recipe is an excellent addition to any movie night.
15. I've heard of salted caramel, but this scrumptious treat packs the caramel on the inside and leaves the saltiness to the chocolate.
16. These delicious peanut butter cups don't involve boiling or baking!