Christmas is just around the corner, which means it's time to start decorating!
Sure, it's easy to go out and buy ornaments, but my family's favorites were always the ones we made together. We still hang the baubles I made when I was six years old on the tree, and my younger brother is adding more every year.
There are a ton of amazing ornament ideas out there that are beautiful, memorable, and easy enough for the kids to help with. Here are 21 of the most amazing DIY ornaments the internet has to offer!
1. Add this adorable wreath made of buttons to your tree.
2. I can't even believe this adorable tree is made of rolled paper.
3. You can use Scrabble tiles to make name ornaments or even use phrases that remind you of Christmas.
4. Alphabet bulbs add a classy and personal touch.
5. Your kids' fingerprints are the centerpieces of this DIY.
6. Take clear ornaments and add some pizazz with paint.
7. If you're looking for an ornament that can double as an inexpensive and delicious gift, this hot cocoa project is for you.
8. Use book pages or sheets of music to cover ordinary glass ornaments!
9. Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!
10. Paper ornaments are pretty standard, but this tutorial shows you how to make them 3-D.
11. This homemade clay can be used to make shapes, cement kids' handprints, and mark momentous occasions like buying a new house by taking the imprint of your keys. Leave a hole in the top, thread some ribbon through, and turn them into ornaments!
12. Ornaments made of dried fruit are sustainable AND they smell great!
13. Bring the outside in with this super-simple pinecone.
14. Clothespins can be used to make these rustic snowflakes.
15. This is a new take on the ornament bulb. Pro tip: You can fill it with jingle bells or lights.
16. Such a clever idea to use all the pennies you've got kicking around!
17. Poinsettias are the quintessential Christmas flower, and burlap brings them a great rustic touch.
18. Your kids' favorite holiday characters can be represented right on your tree.
19. He's making a list and checking it twice, but you'd better play it safe and make some lists of your own, too!
20. Can you believe this is a repurposed Jenga block? Amazing! There are lots for sale on Etsy, but with one Jenga block, a screw, some string, and a little paint, you can make your own.