For years, Richard Ramirez terrorized the suburbs of Los Angeles as The Night Stalker. Ramirez's preferred method was breaking into random homes, killing the men he found inside before raping any women or children, and killing them as well. He was one of the most sadistic serial killers in American history.
When he finally went to prison in 1985, Ramirez turned to art as an outlet for his violent urges. Whenever Ramirez wrote back to his thousands of fans from prison, he would include crude, disturbing drawings. Now, more than 10 years after his death, you can find his original drawings for sale online, and they're still pretty darned creepy. Let's take a look, shall we?
1. This demonic jester is pretty terrifying.
2. A flaming skull with a knife through its head is clearly the product of a disturbed mind.
3. Ramirez also had a thing for dinosaurs.
4. Here we have more childishly drawn dinosaurs by a psychopath.
5. Ramirez's interpretation of the Grim Reaper is awful.
6. Another freaky Reaper only adds insult to injury.
7. Even more disturbing than his satanic drawings are Ramirez's drawings of normal things, like this one of Spongebob Squarepants.
8. This is just a small self-portrait of a dejected killer.
9. I'm not sure if this one is a demon or another dinosaur...or both.
10. This is a crude drawing of a kid flashing a pentagram drawn on his palm. Ramirez often did the same thing during his trial.
By no means was Ramirez a good artist. Quite the contrary, actually. He was pretty bad. But I think that just adds to the disturbing quality of these pictures. He was certainly a twisted soul.
To add a piece of Ramirez memorabilia to your creepy collection, check out this site.