As children, the concept of true love is presented to us in the form of fairy tales about princes and princesses that always end with a "happily ever after."
I grew up hoping that I'd someday find my own prince who was perfect in every way, but the world has taught me that the best kinds of relationships happen when people come together and love each other despite their imperfections and the struggles they may face. I honestly wish now that I had focused more on real examples of true love as a little girl, because watching two people look at each other with adoration is so much sweeter than anything Disney could offer.
It's easy to believe that soulmates exist when you look at these 30 couples, because their love for each other is so clear that it will bring tears to your eyes.
1. "I was having lunch with my mom and this gentleman was having coffee with his late wife. Everyone deserves to have a love this strong!"
2. This is what kids really need to see from their parents.
the best thing about my mum finally getting a decent phone is her fangirling over my dad on snapchat like a teenager pic.twitter.com/ZaFD1zGh17— not terrible⚡️ (@empratts) May 25, 2016
3. "When your gf lives two time zones away and leaves you surprises."
4. I'm not sure which is more touching, a beautiful moment between two women in love or this sweet lady's reaction to it.
My sister proposed to her GF today and look at that older woman's reaction pic.twitter.com/ifFl3mJNAr— Carlos Shook (@AreYouShook) December 18, 2016
5. "Grandma had surgery on her wrist and couldn't do her own hair so my grandpa did it for her."
6. "He sang to her every night before bed. Moments before she passed on, he did the same. 70 years of true love."
7. Her smile sure is infectious!
Me and my sister tried to teach my parents how to swim and this what they did the whole time pic.twitter.com/P0adSL9lJ8— Olivia (@_Downtomarsgirl) May 29, 2016
8. These two know the secret to having a happy life -- never grow up!
9. "I was sitting next to this couple at Starbucks this morning. This man John was teaching Linda the alphabet. He told us that she lost her memory and was re-learning how to read. Patience, love, and understanding at its finest."
10. Her love is so palpable that it's just as touching as it is heartbreaking.
Today's my Grandmas 85th. We had a mariachi for the first time since my grandpa passed. Shes hugging his picture❤️🙏🏼 pic.twitter.com/qqGWyNt4bV— Alicia (@aliciasalas653) September 18, 2016
11. "Love is awesome. My 90-year-old grandpa didn't move from this spot for four days after grandma's open heart surgery."
12. "My grandpa passed away a few months ago. I visited his house today for the first time since and his wife has their wedding outfits hanging like this in their house. This is true love."
13. This man is the real Prince Charming.
my grandma is in the hospital, but it's their 57th anniversary, so he showed up in a tux to surprise her w flowers😭❤️ pic.twitter.com/wIS8rvcyDw— reid (@reidrussell_) May 21, 2015
14. "I've been depressed lately. Thankfully, my husband seems to get the whole 'For better, for worse...' thing."
The list reads:
Reasons I love my wife
1. She is my best friend
2. She never quits on herself or me
3. She gives me time to work on my crazy projects
4. She makes me laugh, everyday
5. She is gorgeous
6. She accepts the crazy person i am
7. She's the kindest person i know
8. She's got a beautiful singing voice
9. She's gone to a strip club with me
10. She has experienced severe tragedy yet is the most optimistic person about humanity i know
11. She has been fully supportive about my career choices and followed me each time
12. Without realizing it, she makes me want to do more for her than i have ever wanted to do for anyone
13. She's done an amazing job at advancing her career path
14. Small animals make her cry
15. She snorts when she laughs
15. "My grandma recently passed. My Grandpa sent me this picture so I could know what man looks like when he is in love. They were married 60+ yrs."
16. I'm seeing the "Best Wife" award being handed out in the near future...
My mom made my dad dress up and presented him with the "Best Husband" Oscar 😂— coolie gyal ✨⛽️ (@Reggae_Beauty) February 27, 2017
I want to be this extra as a wife 😂😍 pic.twitter.com/AJXJR6X3a1
17. "My parents just celebrated their anniversary. This is what love looks like 54 years later."
18. "They're 86 and 91 and my grandparents still hold hands while sleeping."
19. All you have to do is look at her face to see how much that letter means to her.
Before my grandpa died, he was in the hospital & wrote a love note to my grandma in Italian. This is it burned into wood. 💔❤️ pic.twitter.com/GYb8sN1RLl— MM (Maris) (@marismargris) March 22, 2017
20. They've been married for 22 years and couldn't be happier.
21. "My girlfriend works at Steak 'n Shake. This woman's husband passed away but she still has lunch with him every day."
22. Some of the best love stories can be witnessed inside your own home.
found a box of letters my parents started writing eachother from age 15. I've never met two people more in love. pic.twitter.com/8KlgIylO1R— A S H L E Y A N N (@ashleeypalmer) December 23, 2015
23. "Taking pictures at my wife's grandparent's 60th anniversary party. I told them 'act like you've been married for 60 years.'"
24. The intimacy captured in this small, private moment speaks volumes.
25. "My Grandma sent a photo of herself to my Grandpa during the Korean War. He sent this photo back to her. "
26. "My mother died suddenly almost two years ago at age 56. My step-dad had her clothes made into a quilt, which I bring out every Mother's Day to remind me life is short and love is big."
27. "My high school friend recently diagnosed with terminal cancer with less than a week doesn't let it get him down as he celebrates love in the face of death."
28. "My dad falling in love with my mom - 1976."
29. "My grandparents. Then and now." Looks like not much has changed!
30. "My good friend's grandfather's sick in the hospital and his wife has been staying with him every day, true love."
If you're weeping uncontrollably right now, you can go ahead and blame that on me. Share these beautiful examples of love with all the couples you know!