Ad Blocker Detected

We've noticed you're currently running ad blocking software. The contents of this site are available for free thanks to the contributions of our sponsors. If you cannot see the entire article, we would appreciate if you would deactivate your ad blocker and refresh the page before continuing to browse.

Thank you.

KEEP SCROLLING FOR MORE GREAT CONTENT

Their Child Died. Now They Say Petco Is Responsible And They're Suing.

APRIL 13, 2017  —  By Sarah Jewel  
Sarah Jewel

Sarah Jewel

Animal and pizza lover with an Internet addiction. Nerd to the max. Currently residing in the land of beautiful winters.

Losing a child is every parent's worst nightmare.

The Pankey family recently endured the loss of their 10-year-old son Aiden, but the circumstances of his death left the Pankeys and others questioning the practices of a popular pet store. Aiden had recently received a new pet rat from his grandmother, who bought the animal at Petco. Unbeknownst to the family, the rodent had rat-bite fever, which he then passed on to Aiden.

Aiden loved playing and cuddling with the creature, but two weeks after he contracted the disease, he died. Now his family is suing Petco, claiming they were negligent and knew harm could come to their customers.

Read More: He Posted A Photo Of A Dead Rattlesnake Online. Here's The Horrifying Reason Why.

Petco says that all customers sign a waiver acknowledging the possibility of rat-bite fever and say they are not at fault. Learn more in the video below.

video-player-present

This is a heartbreaking situation for the Pankey family. Do you think Petco should be held responsible? Let us know in the comments, and be sure to share this article to honor Aiden's memory.

Load another article