If the thought of biting into a savory slice of pizza makes your mouth water, I have a feeling we'd be great friends.
I'm a thin crust girl, but that doesn't mean I can't get behind a deep-dish pie every now and then. Up until just a few days ago, though, I thought those were really the only two ways to enjoy a pizza...then I was introduced to this potato crust pizza. Get ready to seriously salivate.
Here's what you need to know to make this:
- 1 potato
- Canola oil for frying
- Grated and fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup of tomato pizza sauce
- 1 egg
- Thinly slice the potato. Put some oil in the frying pan and lay the potato slices down in a circular pattern, overlapping a little with each one.
- Top with grated mozzarella cheese, cover, and cook for five minutes on low heat.
- Uncover and top with pizza sauce. Add mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, and an egg.
- Cook for five minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from the pan, top with prosciutto, and serve!