New parents always want to show off their babies.
After all, it took a lot of work to bring a new life into the world. It's natural for us humans to be proud of our offspring, and that emotion isn't exclusive to us. Our friends in the animal kingdom love their kiddos, too, and you might just recognize the emotion of these beaming parents, both big and small.
1. That smile is undeniably proud. Baby elephant is just following Mom's lead.
2. She's surveying the little ones to make sure they're okay after a long swim. Look at how they've lined up so nicely!
3. Climbing is difficult, but this pair has got it down.
4. Marsupials have an extra bond with their kids, who get to hang out with their parents in a pouch for a while.
5. "Look at them! Look what I did!"
6. Mom is so pleased with her baby who looks ready to take on the world.
7. Talk about a "mini-me"! These two are a perfect pair.
8. He wouldn't come out of the den, so she brought him out to show the world. Aww!
9. That's one proud orca!
10. It might be time for momma pangolin to tell her baby to walk on his own, but she loves him too much.
11. It's hard to tell under all that fur, but this mom couldn't be happier.
12. "Do they look just like me?"