It never fails that whenever I buy a new pair of shoes, my mother is quick to snatch up the box for "something important."
That being said, they usually just end up collecting dust around the house. The key to avoiding this issue is knowing exactly how to repurpose them. To help get you started, here are 20 great ways to recycle something you'd normally just throw away.
1. Turn your children into weaving masters with this DIY loom.
2. Organize your yarn and ribbon with this epic dispenser box.
3. Take your special someone on a cute date with this picnic basket for two.
4. Transform a shoebox into an awesome see-through display.
5. This DIY foosball table is perfect for a rainy day.
6. Craft your own chalkboards for any occasion.
7. Turn your favorite starry constellation into a nightlight.
8. Repurpose your shoebox lid into a simple jewelry board.
9. Organize your dresser drawers with these easy dividers.
10. Prevent a tangled mess by keeping your chargers neat and organized.
11. Put your daughter's dollies to bed right with this simple doll bed.
12. Hide that ugly power strip with an adorable DIY recharging station.
13. A fresh coat of paint and a swatch of fabric will get you these decorative shoebox shelves.
14. Use scrapbooking paper to decorate these storage containers.
15. Wrap your boxes in your favorite designs for a simple wall art project.
16. Count your blessings with this DIY Abacus.
17. With just some twine, you can create a basket perfect for any room in the house.
18. With this DIY shoebox suitcase, you can pack up all your favorite trinkets.