Ad Blocker Detected

We've noticed you're currently running ad blocking software. The contents of this site are available for free thanks to the contributions of our sponsors. We would appreciate if you would deactivate your ad blocker and refresh the page before continuing to browse.

Thank you.

KEEP SCROLLING FOR MORE GREAT CONTENT

Mom Took Her Baby To The Store But Just 24 Hours Later, He Was Deathly Ill

NOVEMBER 28, 2016  —  By Matthew Derrick  
Matthew Derrick

Matthew Derrick

Writer and sassy ginger currently residing in central Pennsylvania. Matt spends most of his free time online shopping for clothing that he doesn't need, perfecting the art of eye-rolling, and indulging in all forms of pop culture.

As much as I try not to think about it, there's no denying that germs are everywhere.

When it comes to germs we have two options: Remain in a bubble and never leave your house again, or go about your day as normal.

As a parent, keeping your child healthy is a major concern, but when it comes to running errands, kids can pick up germs along the way. That's out of your control. One place you wouldn't expect to find deadly bacteria, however, is the supermarket. But as one mother learned, simply placing her son in a shopping cart child seat almost cost him his life.

During a normal shopping trip, Vivienne Wardrop didn’t think twice when she placed her 10-month-old son in the seat of her shopping cart.

Read More: This Little Girl Became Paralyzed After Catching A Cold -- Now She's Relearning How To Walk

Just 24 hours after their day out, the young boy began experiencing severe vomiting, a high fever, and diarrhea. After the baby began passing blood, the concerned mother took her child to the doctor, who brushed off those symptoms as a virus.

The next day, after realizing that her child was severely dehydrated, Wardrop took him to the Gold Coast University Hospital.

When the baby’s heart rate soared to over 220 beats per minute, the medical staff ran a series of tests and eventually diagnosed the tiny boy with adenovirus, rotavirus, salmonella, and meningitis.

With a deadly diagnosis, Wardrop feared the worst, but after 10 days in the hospital, the strong little guy was released and is now on the mend. The road to recovery will be long.

The boy’s mother has narrowed the cause of his condition to the child seat in the supermarket shopping cart, since he hadn't eaten or touched anything out of the ordinary that day or in the days leading up to his hospitalization.

Read More: Severe Depression Is On The Rise And This Group Is Most At Risk

Wardrop hopes to spread awareness of the dangers of plopping your little one in the cart seat.

(via Daily Mail)

The good news is that all you have to do is carry a packet of sanitizing wipes around and wipe off the seat before your baby gets in. It's amazing how danger lurks around every corner...even at the grocery store!

Load another article