When my dad was a teenager, he accidentally ate two hot dog buns that were crawling with maggots. He'd come home late and didn't want to wake his parents by turning on the kitchen light. By the time he realized what he'd consumed, he was on the last bite.
For some reason, he likes to tell us the story of that vomit-inducing memory at least once a year. Because of him, I never eat food in the dark. The 15 people here took the time to check their food before chowing down and were so glad they did! After seeing this, you might rethink your midnight snacking habits.
1. That is definitely NOT what the inside of a Reese's cup should look like.
2. How does something that big get lost in coleslaw?
3. These little hitchhikers are known as "oyster crabs," and some people actually consider them a treat. No thanks!
4. Oh yum, a little piece of metal to go with your burrito bowl.
5. He's lucky he spotted this worm in the midst of all those noodles.
6. This woman found a piece of latex in her Whole Foods salsa. I don't think that's organic.
7. Imagine seeing this guy at the bottom of your fast food cup!
8. Looks like someone forget to take the plastic off the cheese.
9. Wow, this chef really nailed it.
10. Even seafood-flavored cat food shouldn't contain a whole squid.
11. Nothing ruins a good plate of Korean food like a stink bug.
12. What's the big deal? It's just a little extra protein!
13. The only thing worse than finding a worm in your food is finding HALF a worm in your food.
14. Half of a salamander is never a good thing, either.
15. However, nothing is more disturbing than getting a deep fried rat head from Popeye's! If I found that in my chicken, I'd never eat again.
They say everyone ingests a few spiders each year, but this is too much. Excuse me while I go vomit forever.