Every Thanksgiving Eve, households all across the country say a little prayer that the big day will go off without a hitch.
By the time the last slice of pumpkin pie has been devoured and your guests are safely on their way home to slip into food comas, you can finally breathe a sigh of relief that another Thanksgiving in your house went as planned.
Unfortunately, you've probably experienced some not-so-nice Turkey Days over the years. Whether you've burned the turkey or sent an entire bowl of mashed potatoes tumbling to the ground, some holiday meals just don't work out. In honor of all those little failures, here are 25 people and things that ruined Thanksgiving for everyone.
1. Try not have your holiday go up in smoke like this poor woman.
2. Someone wanted their turkey well done.
3. You had one job. ONE JOB.
4. These guys just wanted to make sure the bird was really dead.
5. This chef might want to splurge on a new high-end cutting board.
6. It always gets me when people can't follow simple directions. You had a picture for crying out loud.
7. Maybe no one will notice the chunks of dog hair in their mac and cheese?
8. Damn. He even kept it strapped in with a seatbelt on the way there!
9. You tried your best...I think.
10. This little girl is all of us trying to survive the holidays without any problems.
11. Note to all you first-time cooks: Make sure your burners are off before you go putting dishes on them.
12. Perhaps you shouldn't let your three-year-old decorate the pies.
13. "Instead of dinner rolls this year, we'll be serving dinner loaf."
14. It's not really a fail. This mom just wanted to make sure every bite of her sweet potatoes was as hot as could be.
15. There's no sense crying over spilled carrots.
16. Only a dentist would cook like this to drum up some new business.
17. Maybe their holiday will turn around (kinda like their pie).
18. The recipe only called for a pinch of pepper...not a pound.
19. This kitchen is where Thanksgiving dreams go to die.