Sculptures and statues are created to evoke complex emotions in us, but sometimes, I only feel disturbed while looking at them.
Though some definitely creep me out, I have to admit that I'm also strangely fascinated with imagining the inspiration behind them. You really have to wonder what the people who built these spooky structures were thinking, because some are seriously twisted.
With that being said, you're in for a treat If you're as intrigued by this stuff as much as I am. Here are some of the most unsettling sculptures you can witness inside and outside of buildings.
1. The meaning of this sculpture is supposed to be teaching your children to fly, but it looks more like a poor kid that's about to be murdered.
2. A headless statue is exactly what you want to come across while urban exploring at night.
3. This structure found outside of a run-down shed is certainly spooky, but it's oddly beautiful at the same time.
4. These hands look like trapped souls trying to escape -- what's more disturbing is that this is right outside of a medical building.
5. If this was built to scare people off, then it's working perfectly.
6. "My preciousss!"
7. "Look what I found, Ma!"
8. This is outside of a university's children's studies building. What exactly are you trying to study, how to terrify them?
9. Acid rain damage makes for even freakier gargoyles.
10. Those watchful eyes make me feel so uncomfortable.
11. Somehow, the snow makes this even creepier.
12. Menacing and cool at the same time -- now that's impressive!
13. I think it's time to get off of the drugs, Santa.
14. This doesn't exactly make me want to go inside.
15. Please don't hurt me, hellbeast.
16. The photographer captioned this perfectly: "the march of the creepy toddlers."
17. Okay, what is up with those breasts?