Repurposing and recycling are big parts of the do-it-yourself lifestyle. Doing things on your own usually means doing the best with what you have, whether it's your budget, or the materials at your disposal.
One of the most popular, and cheapest materials to use to create a multitude of DIY projects is the wooden pallet. Usually confined to its original purpose of storage and shipping, the wooden pallet has become very popular among DIY-ers. But why? Well, more and more ways of using the wooden rungs have been explored - you'll never believe all the things you can make with these cool recycled pieces.
1. Create a nifty upright garden.
2. And don't be afraid to be get creative with colors or hanging them off the ground.
3. Use wooden pallets to make a modern bed frame.
4. Or a playful, rustic, and mobile bed for the kids.
5. Or even a bed for your cat.
6. Who needs a pricey futon when you can use some pallets and cushions to make a comfy couch?
7. Create plush theater seating on multiple levels.
8. Break a wood pallet down and use it to store wines in your kitchen.
9. Or, hang your pots and pans overhead for a neat and efficient use of space.
10. If you need a desk, a wooden pallet can easily be modified so you have a place to get your work done.
11. Relax on your patio with this pallet porch swing.
12. Is your entranceway a little messy? A wooden pallet is an easy and cheap answer to the problem.
13. There's nothing quite like these DIY wooden pallet stairs.
14. This wooden pallet deck set (from the tables and chairs to the divider) looks like the perfect place to relax on a warm summer evening.
Hopefully these examples will inspire you to give the good ol' wood pallet a shot. There are so many ways to use them. From home improvement to home decor, the pallet is so versatile. You better believe that the next time I find one, I'm snatching it up for my next project!