If you put a plate of sliced zucchinis in front of me, I would cringe and maybe even toss a few in your face.
It's nothing personal, I just think they're one of the more disgusting vegetables out there. But, as with anything, if you add cheese, things seriously start to look up. Even better? Make them into mini pizzas. I know, I know, why would you make something healthy unhealthy? Well, because it'll taste better. Duh!
If you're on board with this whole pizza concept, here's how to do it for yourself!
- Olive oil
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Dried oregano
- Slice up a zucchini and put the pieces on a baking sheet. Brush each slice with olive oil.
- Bake at 400°F for five minutes.
- Take some slices of pepperoni and using a small measuring spoon, press it into each piece to make them mini pepperonis!
- Spoon a little marinara sauce onto each zucchini slice and top with some mozzarella. Add a mini pepperoni and sprinkle some dried oregano for a finishing touch.
- Put the pan back into the oven for 10 more minutes.